Survey: Utilizing Technology to Expand Tax Capabilities
MAPI and PwC recently collaborated on a survey of MAPI's Tax Council members to evaluate their tax function and determine:
- how they are positioned with respect to leading tax technology practices;
- where they stand in terms of adopting and enabling tax technology initiatives;
- what operational challenges they are facing;
- their satisfaction with existing technology; and
- where they stand with respect to developing a tax technology strategy.
What did we find? These 2016 survey results are consistent with the results of a similar survey that PwC and MAPI conducted in 2013. Tax functions unfortunately are lagging behind their primary customer—the business—as well as their peers in the broader finance function with respect to the use of technology.