Not content for content’s sake. Our content drives brand awareness and revenue growth – and we need an awesome self-starter to join our external affairs team who helps drive the strategy and deliver interesting reads for our members and the manufacturing community overall.
We’re looking for a part-time content marketing specialist who wants to jump in and start supporting two major initiatives, MAPI’s content and its public-facing events, the Manufacturing Impact Series. This person will help develop the editorial calendar, support various types of content from blogs to email copy to print pieces. She/he will also write and publish event marketing emails, tweak website copy, and create social media content. It’s an integral role to grow MAPI’s brand awareness and market penetration.
MAPI is an 87-year-old organization that helps manufacturing leaders make smarter business decisions through executive education, peer connections, and business insights.
If you’re a self-starter ready to make an impact, check out the below job description and connect with our HR Director to apply.
Content Marketing Specialist
The content marketing specialist supports MAPI’s overall content initiatives. The role aids marketing efforts for MAPI’s Manufacturing Impact Series events as well as promotes the member organization, the public newsletter, MAPI Foundation initiatives, and potentially other products from MAPI or its partners. Content channels include research reports, blog posts, social media content, and email content. Reporting to the creative director, the content marketing specialist is a critical resource to MAPI’s market growth and requires strategic vision, the ability to handle multiple priorities, and communicate across various departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain MAPI’s public-facing content calendar
- Develop and edit MAPI’s public-facing content such as blog posts, articles, research support, and social content
- Develop marketing communications (emails, social, print) for MAPI’s Manufacturing Impact Series events and public-facing webinars
- Layout and publish Manufacturing Impact Series emails via email marketing automation system, currently Marketo
- Assist the vice president of external affairs, the creative director, the director of research and content strategy, and the partnership manager to fulfill and facilitate partner publication efforts
- Edit additional materials on an as-needed basis
- Help maintain the MAPI style guide
- Upload website content into MAPI’s content management system (CMS), currently Drupal
- Participate in overall strategy sessions to support MAPI’s brand growth
The content marketing specialist’s role may evolve to include related tasks as MAPI’s strategy evolves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education & Experience
Position requires at least two years of content creation and/or marketing experience; association or agency experience a plus; and a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Experience with content development, editing, marketing, lead nurturing strategies, marketing automation, and web analytics strongly preferred. Requires some familiarity and willingness to learn about basic manufacturing, business, legal, and economic topics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Content development skills for various channels (research, points of view, copy for infographics, print promotion, email, social media, etc.)
- Self-starter who can independently take ownership of the role, while also collaborating with a team
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, for external work products and internal coordination
- Strong editorial skills
- Proficiency with AP Style
- Ability to prioritize project needs
- Understanding of SEO and optimizing in content strategy
- Enthusiasm for new ideas and their implementation
- Expertise in taking knowledge and transforming it into practical, useful content is critical
- Thrives in a team environment, flexible team player
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to balance multiple roles and commitments. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization
- Experience with Marketo and/or Drupal a plus