MAPI in Arlington, VA is searching for an Account Manager to prospect leads, present our value proposition, and sell memberships to senior corporate executives from the world’s largest manufacturing companies. We seek a talented and motivated person who can take advantage of our large prospect pool and directly impact the bottom line.
In this position, the selected candidate will:
- Manage assigned territory to maximize revenue potential.
- Generate executive leads through active prospecting and scoping.
- Schedule calls and appointments to introduce our services to senior executives.
- Conduct a needs analysis and effectively communicate how members use MAPI’s resources to solve their business challenges.
- Accurately manage the sales process from prospecting to closing.
- Work collaboratively with product owners (Council Directors) in understanding customer needs.
Qualified candidates must have at least 2-5 years of related experience, ideally in a B2B sales environment; and a bachelor’s degree in business or related field. Other qualifications include:
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills, over the phone and in-person
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales specific goals
- High-energy personality, with a focus on results
- Cooperative and team-oriented spirit
- Ability and desire to work independently and efficiently
- Experience and success with the sales process
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Strong academic record
- Travel is required approximately 20% of the time
Founded in 1933, the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation is a nonprofit organization that connects manufacturing leaders with the ideas they need to make smarter decisions.
Our mission is simple: to provide manufacturers with the competitive intelligence, research, and tools to make them more effective in a global landscape that changes daily. We accomplish this through:
- Executive-level education for members and their teams to share best practices, discuss solutions to shared challenges and become more effective leaders.
- Global economic and business research that executives, policymakers, the media, and the association community rely on to gain unbiased insight into the challenges and opportunities facing the manufacturing sector.
MAPI offers an attractive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent coverage; 401(k) plan with generous match; paid time off (PTO), flexible work hours, boutique fitness discounts, and convenient Arlington location close to Rosslyn Metro.
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.